The Maple School curriculum consists of ten subjects of the National Curriculum and Religious Education. The core areas are English, Mathematics Science and Computing. The foundation subjects are History, Geography, Music, Art, Physical Education, Design Technology and PSHE/Citizenship. French is taught to all KS2 pupils.
The curriculum is arranged in separate areas for ease of reference but is also sometimes taught through integrated themes or topics. These themes are used to cover the skills, knowledge and understanding required by the National Curriculum programmes of study.
Curriculum planning, for the whole school year, is carried out by all teachers in consultation at the start of the academic year. The year plan for each class provides a framework that allows each teacher to organise the activities, experiences and lessons that will develop children’s knowledge, skills and understanding.
Performance tables – www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/117298
- Reception – Curriculum Overview (109.77KB)
- Year 1 – Curriculum Overview (439.65KB)
- Year 2 – Curriculum Overview (521.54KB)
- Year 3 Curriculum Overview (490.36KB)
- Year 4 Curriculum Overview (496.94KB)
- Year 5 Curriculum Overview (614.25KB)
- Year 6 Curriculum Overview (704.01KB)